Visit my new practice location!

Optimal Wellness is located at 1215 S. 1680 W. Suite 100, Orem, Utah. We offer wellness services including vitamin and hormone optimization, nutrition counseling, weight loss education and support among others. We are an integrative practice that blends traditional with holistic medicine. We encourage our patients to achieve and maintain optimal wellness and improve their quality of life. Contact our office at (801) 899-6131 and wellness@kristierosser.com. Visit our website at www.KristieRosser.com.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Run like a girl retreat, Zermott, August 2011

The August 2011 "Run like a girl retreat" was amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at the Zermott resort in Midway, Utah, for this fun event. It was a great weekend full of inspiring speakers, education and exercise! I loved the yoga, zumba, running, and exceptional women that I had the honor of spending time with. I enjoyed a wonderful girls-only weekend with my mom and sisters, met amazing women, and made new friendships.

The road race was a lot of fun! It was so great to see Michelle Simonitis running again. She is an Olympic and world class athlete and life-long friend of mine who is returning to competition after an intense injury. She won the10k  race and set the course record! I finished 3rd overall and enjoyed the beautiful (and tough) that took us up, then down, Memorial Hill.

I met Sharon Starika, a truly remarkable woman with an amazing life story, including surviving a life-changing experience after being hit by a semi-truck while cycling and the multiple surgeries that followed. Sharon specializes in optimizing movement using the Feldenkrais Method. For more information about Sharon and for details about her upcoming events or classes go to her website at SharonStarika.com.

I also met Blonde Runner who, as it turns out, is an old running and teammate of mine from the University of Utah! Blonde Runner Lora Heyl Erickson is a coach, triathlete and mother of 4. She is amazing at what she does. Lora shared with us how she balances family with training and coaching. She inspired us all! You can learn more about Lora including the road races she sponsors and join her blonde runner team by visiting her website www.blonde runner.com.

I enjoyed giving a presentation on women's health, vitamin optimization and hormone balance. I love educating women about what they can do to optimize and improve their health and quality of life! Many of the women who attended also participated in the 10k & 5k races, so it was fun for me to teach fellow atheletes what they can do to improve their training, performance and recovery from a medical view point.

It was also a special weekend for me because I celebrated my 40th birthday at the retreat! I am enjoying getting older. As a medical provider, wife and mother of four, I practice what I preach, so I can tell you that hormone therapy, vitamin optimization, diet/nutrition, maintaining a healthy weight, sleep and exercise help with the aging process. I am running better at 40 than I have in more than 15 years, and I feel better at this age than I did when I was younger. 40 is great!

If you missed  August 2011 retreat, please join us February2012 in St. George, Utah, for a southern utah retreat. Simply go to http://www.runlikeagirlretreat.com/ and register online. The race distance increases to a half marathon for those you looking for a challenge, or a great race to supplement their wellness, health and training.

Thank you!
And as always, be healthy and be well.
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment